Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Hi, nice to meet you!

and thanks for holding my hand during this rollercoaster journey! I can't even promise it will be pleasant; in fact, this whole story makes me a bit dizzy, to use but an elegant expression when in all honesty I plainly wanna puke!
Ooops, this was supposed to be a nice introductory hello-world type of entry... Oh well... We can't be nice all the time, right?
The story so far: I have just aborted the 4th installation of Drupal, and bravely ventured the fifth one (how's that for enthusiasm?). I am a newbie, albeit an enthusiastic one, which probably makes me somewhat obnoxious, too.
So why Drupal?
  • because I was fascinated by its features;
  • because once you get through the teething pains, you can expect to be in possession of a wonderful, low-key maintenance site machine;
  • because it is secure;
  • because it is sexy
  • last, but by no means LEAST! actually, the top reason! because my baby brother recommended it (and despite my bitter experience I secretly harbour hopes of blackmailing him into tweaking, fine-tuning and altogether helping me along the way)

Right now, though, it is a Drupal installation a day - which, unlike the proverbial apple, is more likely to get me to the proverbial doctor, rather than keep the doctor away. Anyways, if the doctor is tall, dark, handsome and intelligent, I wouldn't mind very very much!
There is some progress in my being drupalised - I had to uninstall the previous D-site cos I somehow managed to ban admin access. Yeah, I *suspect* I could have edited the access files through the server - but life is too short, and I was so disappointed with myself.
Just read something that made me feel a tiny bit better:
Drupal has a way of making an otherwise intelligent person feel like a complete bumbling idiot.

Needless to say this blog popped up while I was searching for something entirely different from "Drupal CSS and Themes for Dummies" but nevertheless enjoyed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

and don't forget that it gives the super cow powers!

Hushhhh.... keep it secret

fractal said...

Dear bro... I left a comment on your blog... 'Nuff said.